Spring is here and coming from New England, I couldn’t be more excited. We’ve been nailed with snowstorms this season so I’m thrilled about the fresh blades of grass, the budding branches, and the flocking birds.
Using social media everyday, I love to document my experiences of Spring as well as find things to do outside. Here are some ways that I do it.
- Post Spring photos on Instagram
- Check in with Foursquare to parks, playgrounds and hiking trails
- Join local Facebook groups to find nearby events or talk about the weather
- Follow community leaders and web properties on Twitter to find or suggest events
- Sign up for EventBrite notifications for relevant events
- Follow and use top hasthags on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram like #spring, #blossom or even #flowerporn
- Write blog posts while sitting outside (I’m doing that right now!)
- Share your new blog posts on LinkedIn
- Use a pedometer or tracker like FitBit to get outside and challenge your friends
- Go geocaching and join the online community
- Find an allergy-tracking app to stay healthy outside
- Spring clean your social media profiles: update your bios and photos, unfollow unwanted users, update your LinkedIn profile, etc.
- Use the beautiful Spring backdrop for a new avatar, Facebook cover photo, Twitter background or gravatar
- Shoot a Vine of your budding backyard
- Download a new app to track your outdoor activities, such as Runkeeper or Runcoach
- Put the phone down! Go an hour without using social media to truly enjoy the world around you
What other ways do you use social media to enjoy Spring?